Monday, September 12, 2011

german potato salad>Publix Aprons

1 (24oz) bag Potato Inspirations Honey Gold potatoes, halved
4 slices bacon
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon pepper

*slice potatoes
*cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces

1. Combine potatoes and water, microwave on high 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.

2. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place bacon in pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Stir in sugar and vinegar. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low.

3. Stir potatoes into bacon and cover; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until potatoes begin to break down slightly and sauce has thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in pepper. Cover and let stand until ready to serve.
(Makes 6 servings)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound hot.

Unknown said...

My neighbor is a teacher, she was at a meeting , another teacher made HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD with the HONEY GOLD POTATOES, she loved it, bought me a bag and asked me to make her some. I did, I gave her and her husband half and kept the other half. All of us loved it, I will be making it again soon.
I do not like a strong vinegar flavor, this recipe did not have it. This is a recipe I will make to take to functions or when we get company