Saturday, August 13, 2011

More hints for the homemaker>Betty Crocker

I find I try already to do some of the following. It does tend to cut out some of the chaos.

Plan Ahead
Write menus for a week's meals at a time. Shop for staples once a week, fresh fruits and vegetables twice weekly.

When cooking, assemble all ingredients and utensils before beginning to prepare the dish.
(This one, I am still working on, I keep forgetting to do this and then I ALWAYS forget something)

If you have a freezer, make several cakes, pies, cookies, main dishes or sandwiches at a time and freeze some for future use.

ORGANIZE WORK
Have a weekly plan for scheduling such tasks as washing, ironing, baking, shopping, cleaning the refrigerator or washing floors. One task done each day provides a sense of accomplishment and keeps work from piling up.

Alternate sitting-down tasks and standing-up tasks. Don't be on your feet too long.

Let the family help you. Very young children can set the table; older ones help cook and wash the dishes. Include them in party plans.

I hope these hints help you in anyway they can.

No comments: