Monday, August 15, 2011

hamburger mess

This one is extremely easy!! And its one of my one creation. I love one pot meals. So easy on the clean up!
1-2 lbs of ground beef (I use ground turkey for healthy reasons, also the amount depends on how many your serving.

1 box of rice-a-roni (I like rice pilaf, but beef is great for this also, again the amount of boxes depends on how many people are eating.)

1 bag of broccoli (florets or cuts, whichever you prefer)

season and brown the meat then drain.
In same pot start the rice. Once its browned and you put the water and seasonings in, give it a few minutes then throw the beef in. Let it cook the rice this way until almost done. When its within a few minutes of being done add the broccoli. Put the lid back on so the steam from the cooking rice will cook the broccoli. Once its all done, stir and serve.

1 comment:

sodahoney said...

I do this too I use spinach too. You really don't even taste the spinach