Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pork Cutlets Mornay>Betty Crocker c

This is a wonderful dish. Very easy, took less than an hour.
Use boneless pieces of pork steak. Elegant for a party dish.

Flatten 1lb pork cutlets. Season and dip in beaten egg and bread crumbs. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Reduce heat, add a small amount of water, cover tightly and braise until tender, about 30 minutes. Place on hot baking pan coated with tomato sauce. Cover with Sauce Mornay. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and paprika.. Place under broiler until hot and bubbly.

Miss Mc cooked this part of the meal. She stated that is was fairly easy for a newby chef.
I prepared flattened the meat for her-I put the meat in between two sheets of wax paper to lessen meat splatter and tore up meat.

Sauce mornay:
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 cup cream
1/8 cayenne pepper
salt to taste
dash of white pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg  (I grate mine fresh, according to people smarter than me-the taste is better than the already ground)

Melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in cream and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil stirring constantly stir in rest of ingredients. Stir in 1 cup diced sharp cheddar, Parmesan or Swiss cheese.

Miss Tm made the sauce. Because of her taste we didn't use the cayenne pepper. Because of my Old timers-I forgot the paprika. On the baking pan I put waxed paper down, and poured spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce then add a little bit of sugar. Miss M put the pork on the sauce, Tm poured the sauce. Again for personal tastes we didn't add the extra cheese.
With all that said it was a very good dish. The girls did a wonderful job for their first effort on this recipe.

2 comments:

bred48 said...

great dish

Unknown said...

Oh my, I like this blog. I am a new fan from Bloggy Moms.

http://www.ourbananamoments.com
http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

I have a few recipes under Kitchen Bananas page. I look forward to sharing.

Marsha