Wednesday, July 20, 2011

oven-fried chicken >Betty Crocker

1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup butter
1 cut-up frying chicken

(I just used boneless, skinless chicken breasts)

Heat oven 425. Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika in baggie. Put butter in oblong pan, 13x91/2x2" and set in oven to melt. Shake 3 or 4 pieces of chicken at at time in bag to coat thoroughly. Place chicken, skin-side-down, in single layer in hot butter. Bake 30 min. Turn skin-side-up and bake another 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.

Since I used boneless, skinless chick breasts, I put them in for 15 minutes, turned them over and cooked them for the last 15 minutes.
They came out rather moist and with a fried taste without out the mess. If you like a thicker crust I would toss them in the flour and  roll them in an egg/milk mix and toss them in the flour again. I have not tried that yet, but I will and I will give the results.

No comments: